V&A Waterfront kitchen incubator opens applicationsSimodisaPortal
The V&A Waterfront’s, Makers Landing, a development created by the V&A Waterfront in partnership with the National Treasury’s Job Fund has opened applications for its Food Lab incubation programme.
The programme will offer opportunities to qualified business startups and existing small food businesses that can show that they will benefit significantly from affordable access to a licensed commercial kitchen space, and technical assistance and training from experts in food industry techniques and general business operations.
The incubation programme will take place over six months and will include two sessions a week with online modules, in-class learning, and individual assignments. The modules will cover food safety, product development, marketing, sales, operations, and finance
The programme aims to equip selected participants with knowledge of the fundamentals of building a business along with insights into the local food industry.
Foodpreneurs should have an existing food business that is actively selling or operating and has been in operation for less than three years.
- A desire to formalise and expand their food business and a plan for how to achieve that growth.
- Experience in operating a food business, formally or informally, for at least six months, but less than three years.
- A personal support network.
- An entrepreneurial spirit, enthusiasm, and persistence.
- A vision for the business.
Interested applications can apply online. Applications for the first cohort close 23 October 2020.