Why shared workspace is more than desks and chairs?Venture Central Victoria
As the growth of small businesses in South Africa continues to accelerate, there is a need to ensure that the small businesses get all the support they need in order to achieve long-term sustainability. Along with the government, independent incubators and shared workspaces are also their bit to fill this gap.
Part of this involves supporting community-driven innovation which is facilitated in shared workspaces. There are several reasons why this works best:
- Collaboration helps to generate answers to complex problems
- Communities enable connectivity with like-minded people
- Communication and sharing knowledge is easier in groups
- There is often a complimentary mix of products and services among the entrepreneurs in a shared workspace
- Working in a shared workspaces allows entrepreneurs to build a sense of camaraderie